Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Upcoming Project--Letters to My Younger Self

So I have been busy starting a new project.  This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time but have not found the time or energy to put into place with all of the freelance work that I have been doing. 

I am writing a collection of letters to myself when I was a teenager.  I am using Biblical references and hoping to create a spiritual guide for teenagers who are going through typical issues.

I am hoping to find a way to lift these girls up so that they are swayed to thinking about issues that I had forgot to think about.  Sure my parents tried to talk to me but their approach is not one that goes over well with me, to be honest it still doesn't.  However I have learned how to handle certain things better.

With this project I am reaching out to those girls who like me feel unlovable and end up making bad choices along the way looking for love that they need to find within themselves.

I am finally able to say that I love myself at thirty one years old.  This has not always been the case and I wish that I had done this earlier.  It is true that until you learn to love yourself you can not really love someone else.  This has been evident in my life, relationships with men that I would have never considered if I loved myself.  Choices made over the years that left me heartbroken and empty.  Loving myself has been a journey and is something that was really hard for me but it has also been something that is great for those who know me.  I am finally a confident person, able to stand up to things when I do not agree, and happy with the choices that I have made.

My goal is to show this to others, to show that they can do it and to guide them on a journey of self discovery and falling in love with who they are, faults and all.  God loves us no matter what we have done and when we make bad choices he is filled with sorrow.  We should feel this same level of love for ourselves that choosing the wrong thing makes us full of sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment