Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Disappointment In a Box....It's Really Not that Bad

Let me start off by painting this beautiful picture of what I thought that I was purchasing when I grabbed a box of Great Grains Protein Blend Honey, Oats, and Seeds.

You see I saw this box....



....and I thought that I was purchasing a box of delicious honey flavored granola clusters with almond slices and pumpkin seeds mixed in. 

This sounds amazing right?? 

I mean this was going to be the kick off to a new lifestyle all with a delicious granola based cereal that I envisioned eating for breakfasts, lunches, and snacks when I wanted to keep myself on track.

Now here is the truth and why I stated that this cereal ended up as a disappointment in the box.

It is bran flakes.  Not a few bran flakes but seriously like 75% bran flakes with a few mixed granola clusters, sliced almonds, and pumpkin seeds. 

I will admit that it still tastes good.  Yes I am a freak of nature and I do like bran flakes, but it was highly disappointing to be expecting a big bowl of sweet deliciousness to end up with a big bowl of bran flakes.  I feel that the advertising on the box was highly misleading.  It looks in the picture of the cereal like there are some bran flakes but it looks nothing like the bowl that was poured from my box.

And guess what?  #4 decided that she really likes granola clusters so guess who was picking all of the delicious granola clusters out of my cereal??

That's right.....



She was!!

Overall this cereal gets a rating of a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10 for me.  If it were all of the deliciousness that I was expecting it would have scored off of the charts but due to the disappointment factor it went from an 8 to a 7.  It was yummy and I will probably continue to buy it but let's face it I will not be as excited as I was this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment