Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Let's Talk Exercise

To be honest, I hate it!

Exercise=Devil in my mind.  I try to change this all of the time but seriously how can anyone think that making themselves hurt and sweating is fun. 

I hate sweat!  Yes another confession of mine but one that has shaped a lot of my life.

However I understand the importance of getting into shape and of course I am vain so I want to look good.

Actually I do not know if it is vain or just that I have a whole hell of a lot of cute clothes in a size 10/12 and damn it I want to wear them.

I mean I have these awesome jeans and my fat ass just won't fit into them right now.


Who doesn't want to wear these?   I know that I do, but they continue to sit in the bottom of my dresser drawer in the pile of jeans that won't even go past my knees. 

Disgusting!!  I know but it's honest.

So I have been trying to come up with an exercise plan that I can stick to. 

Here is what I have planned. 

I will be honest I have attempted to do multiple 90 day challenges, programs and let's be honest most of them just did not work for me.  My goal is to jump from one 90 day challenge to another until I hit my goal weight.  Since I have over 100 pounds to lose well it is going to be a long journey.

I am attempting to do the Real Simple 90 Day get fit plan.  It seems much simpler than some of the other plans that I worked on trying in the past.  If you are interested in following this one too then you can check it out here.

In the past I have always tried a "wait until Monday" approach when starting a plan. 

Today I am making a change and using my motivation to get on top of things to start today.

So I've read the week 1 plan....and here is my fun summary of it with commentary on how I think that it will go!

First off be aware this is a free workout program so you get the joy of tons of advertisements.  So far I have been lucky enough to be able to opt out of them with a click on the "x" in the right hand corner of the screen.  Look there if you do not want to be stuck having to read or watch advertising.

What luck do I have??  The cardio routines started on Wednesday so I guess I will just jump in there.  Today's goal will be 30 minutes of cardio...will I enjoy it?  Hell no!  Will I do it?  Yes, yes I will because I can conquer the battle of the bulge and look how I think and feel that I should look.  I will remind myself every time that it gets tough that I am doing this for me and that I too can get where I want to be if I put in the hard work that it requires.

The goal for the week says "to simply put in the time"....don't you just love how people sugar coat things.  It should read "suck it up, fat ass, get off of your ass and do the damn workouts!"  Personally thinking about how fat my ass is motivates me more than the accomplishment of putting in the time.

Oh joy!  I get to "familiarize" myself with some total key body exercises....does that sound like fun to you?  Well I bet you can guess what I am going to say.

While it does not sound like fun to me I will encourage myself to remember that this is what is going to get me where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment