Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sshhh....Can You Keep A Secret? I Have a Confession to Make

So I have a problem and like all twelve step programs this one requires me to make a confession.

I am a serial dieter!  Eek!  Ooh....aah (I'm waiting for the shock of this confession to pass before going on.)

That's right I have a problem and it starts with Clif Bars or protein shakes and ends up with me yo-yoing on my weight.  In the end I never really lose much but only end up with the same frustrating problems.

Life has not always been this way for me.  Don't get me wrong I was rarely a skinny girl no matter what my age was.  It seemed that puberty hit and that I was instantly catapulted into a battle with weight that I continue to battle.  I have some serious hormone related issues that started with headaches and migraines when I was just 15.  Throughout my life these things have continued and they either got better or worse after the birth of my children.  Unfortunately after number four they seem to have gotten worse. 

I also have had mixed battles with weight.  It has always been that I was kind of stuck at a size 10/12 unless I wanted to work insanely hard and well I am lazy and do not.  :)

So here I am starting a different kind of journey than I have ever been on before.  I am starting a true lifestyle makeover, not a diet.  I am working on improving my life and bettering myself from the inside out. 

Do I think that it will be easy?

Hell no!

Do I think that I can handle it?

Hell yes!

In the past I have kept blogs on many different things.  Had blogs for each different area of my life and now there is just this one.

I plan on blogging a bit about products and things that I love, how to try to obtain optimum health for my family while still allowing them to be "normal" (ie not one of those crazy moms who have a child that has never tasted McDonalds--if you are one of those moms kudos to you because there are many times that McDonalds suffices as a meal because I have too much going on with my family), living on a budget (Hello! I am a full time stay at home and we have four children but again I am far too lazy to coupon like crazy or do things like that!), and overall a discussion of my favorite things.  I love make up, cosmetics, food, and music. 

This is my journey and I am glad that you are choosing to read along and come on it with me.  If you are starting your own similar journey then keep in mind that I am here to listen too.  Comment or email me and share your thoughts on your life.  I'd love to help encourage you while you work on change in your life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment