Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What I Ate Today

It's Hard to Figure out What to Eat


Accountability is key....so here is the good, the bad, and I am sure what would be considered the unhealthy that I stuffed into my mouth today.

Breakfast

Post Protein Plus Cereal Honey Granola, Nuts and Seeds....220 calories

Lunch

1 cup of leftover pasta with alfredo sauce
coke

Snack

Did not eat one :(  but I had a second coke without drinking my water....bad bad bad I know but I have had a killer headache today!

Supper

Homemade eggplant parmesan with angel hair pasta and marinara sauce

Snack

2 mini ice cream cones (not healthy I know but it was what I wanted so I figured if I ate anything else that it would work)

Things I need to work on!! 


1.  Drink More Water!!!! 

I'm terrible about the amount of water that I drink.  I don't particularly like water so this one is very hard for me.  My goal in upcoming months is going to be 2 big glasses full a day (my big glass is a water jug that was given to me at the hospital when my youngest was born....it is really big!--I will post a picture some time)

2.  Eat on a Schedule!!

I am bad about skipping meals.  Even though I feed my children, sometimes I don't feel like eating and skip meals.  It is true that you end up consuming way more calories later than if you had eaten the meal at hand.  I need to figure out how to make myself eat at least three times a day to keep my metabolism up.  If I can work up to five times per day then that would be awesome too.  I am working on this one and do not know how long it will take.  If you notice I have planned in my snacks after supper and between supper and lunch.  This is when I naturally snack so why try planning a snack in between breakfast and lunch when I don't want one then anyways.

Want to Help Me??? 


I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on the following things!!

 

1.  How do you drink more water? 

Any suggestions would be great!!  I love coke so my deal with myself for now is that I can only have one coke until I have drank my two jugs of water.  :)  This way if I want more coke I have to drink all of that water first.

 

2.  Menu/Recipe Ideas that are Healthy and Keep Me from Being Bored

I like healthy food but it can be hard finding ways to keep from eating the same things all of the time when you are picky or have dietary restrictions.  I'd love suggestions on what you are eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment